Friday, January 15, 2010

Birthday Boy

My precious son just celebrated his 34th birthday!  I am just too young to have a child that old, but it is true.  He was a very special child and he has become a wonderful man.

My first baby, a daughter, died at birth, so when Ryan was born the next year, he was such a healing balm to my heart.  He was perfect and even though I was young (23) and didn't know anything about babies, we got along great!

First children are always the guinea pigs of the family.  You don't get an owner's manual when you have a baby, so you have to learn about parenting as you go with the first baby.  Parents are more protective of the first child.  Parents are harder on the first child.

When the first child drops his pacifier, the parent runs to the stove to sterilize it before the baby can have it again.  By the time the second child comes along, the parent just wipes it off and sticks it back in the baby's mouth!

I made many mistakes with Ryan, but thanks to the Lord, he turned out great anyway!  He is handsome, smart, talented, and he has a kind, loving heart.  He married a beautiful, talented woman.

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy.  You are my special angel and being your mother has been one of the great joys of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment