Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cherished Memories

Awwwww......another baby shower today for Allison and Leah.......so much fun!  It was lovely and there were good friends there and she received some really nice gifts.

It was such a joy to me to watch her at each one of the showers....she looks so happy and so excited.  It is a special feeling to look over at your daughter, pregnant with your grandchild.  I thank God for allowing me to experience this with her.

I wanted to make Leah a quilt and Allison picked out the pattern and fabric for the one in the previous post.  But I wanted to surprise her.  I had saved quite a few of her baby clothes and I made her a quilt using her baby clothes and dresses from her childhood.  Since butterflies has always been her special "thing", of course, I used butterflies in the pattern.  Here is the result...

The back...

The label...
I hope she liked it...
It is a quilt I have been waiting her whole life to make.  Cherished memories.....

1 comment:

  1. Clair, it is so beautiful and your post made me cry (joy tears.) You have so many gifts to go along with your very big "nana" heart.

    ReplyDelete