Monday, May 17, 2010

A Few Precious Moments

My son was home this weekend...he came home to meet his new niece...
We spent the weekend together just sitting around, talking, watching some tv, of course eating, and taking turns holding Leah.  Since Ryan and Chelsa moved away 10 years ago, these times have been few and far between so they are always precious to me.

I understand that my children have homes of their own and spouses and now children, but I still miss them.  I can't wait to see them and I cry when they leave.  Sometimes I dream about when they were little and I am upset when I wake up from those dreams.  I will never stop missing them.

You have a child and you get used to having them with you every moment and then one day they go off to school and you don't have them with you for several hours every day.  Then before you know it, they go off to college and you see them about every two weeks for a couple of days.  Then they get married and move away to a different state and you only see them twice or three times a year.

I guess it is the natural order of things, but it doesn't make it any easier for me.  I thank God that I still have one child close to home and I thank God that I can see her and my granddaughter often.  But my heart still aches to see the one who moved away.
 Thank You, Lord, for the precious time spent together this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment