Sunday, September 12, 2010

Falling In Love

Today is my granddaughter's 5-month birthday.

I have never been in love like this before.

I have discovered that love for a grandchild is a different love than you feel for your own children.  I adore my children--they are the greatest joys in my life--but just like a person feels a different kind of love for their children than they do for their husband or their parents or their friends, grandparent love is different.  Looking into the eyes of your baby's baby is a very special experience.

 I don't have to be so concerned with the everyday stuff, so I get to just have fun with her, laugh with her, play games, sing songs, spoil her a little...

Of course I DO have one great responsibility and that is to pray for her--which I do--every day--and will for as long as I live.  When I am gone, I want her to remember me as someone who loved her unconditionally and who prayed for her to walk with God and have His best for her life.  When she remembers me I want her to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment