Thursday, October 7, 2010

Staying Young

I have had another birthday recently and although I am another year older, I have lately had the privilege of caring for my granddaughter who is almost 6 months old.  I have discovered a few muscles that I had forgotten  that I had and I am sure tired at night, but having her in my life has given me a new purpose - if only temporarily.  Of course, I wish and pray that my daughter would be able soon to stay home with her and experience and treasure the moments with her, but until that happens I want to make the most of my time with her.
 I was never close to either one of my grandmothers.  I loved them and I was around them often, but I never really spent much time with them one-on-one.  My fear is that one day Leah - whose birth was one of the most joyous occasions in my life - will think of me as that old woman that my Mother makes me visit and hug at holidays even though she smells funny.

Today when I took her to meet her Daddy, he said he looks forward to her smile when she sees him in the afternoon.  I feel the same way about the smile I get in the early morning.  Roger looks forward to seeing her every morning also.

I haven't sung any songs or quoted nursery rhymes to anyone in a very long time.  I caught myself actually looking forward to taking her to see a Disney movie.  I can't wait to take her to the zoo and the park.  I am looking forward to seeing her open her Christmas gifts.

I am feeling some aches and pains, but I think my upper body strength has improved and I know I am thinking more about kid stuff and less about how old I am getting.

Who needs Botox when you have this...

No comments:

Post a Comment