Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Priceless Christmas

My daughter and my granddaughter sitting around a table at church sticking candy on a gingerbread house - our third year to do this.  Leah tiring of decorating and beginning to eat the "decorations."



Going to the live Nativity Scene at church and watching Leah (much to my surprise) ride the donkey.



Ten adults and one very active 2 1/2 year-old sitting around a dining room table eating and celebrating Christmas my brother and his family.  Missing loved ones who have gone on to their Heavenly home and those who are not able to be around the table anymore.  Reminiscing about Christmases past and telling family stories yet again.  Talking with nieces and cousins and trying to talk Leah into performing all her "tricks."

Eight adults and one very active 2 1/2 year-old side-by-side on a pew at Christmas Eve Service.  Holding Leah and holding her hand as she holds a lighted candle.  Singing Silent Night and feeling Leah lean her head against my cheek.

Fighting the crowd at the restaurant for our annual Christmas Eve Mexican food.

Six adults and one very active 2 1/2 year-old crammed into a family room with packages, boxes, wrapping paper, ribbon, glitter, toys and toy parts knee deep.

Eating tamales around the breakfast room table and thanking God for our blessings and especially for our family.

Other than my relationship with the Lord, there is nothing of this world that gives me more joy than having my whole family around me.  Listening from the other room to them talking and laughing is precious to me.

Priceless and precious.

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family and may God bless you in the New Year.

Love,
Clair

1 comment: