Sunday, September 1, 2013

Neglected Blogs

I have neglected this blog.  I haven't posted since last Christmas.  Part of me thought that I would just shut it down, maybe I would never post again.  But I can't.  Sometimes I just need a place to say something - something that I might not say to someone in person.  I am no poet like Ann Voskamp, but I do have things to say.

Why have I neglected this blog?  I have been busy with other - more important - things.

Spending time with my precious granddaughter...

...making quilts...


...gardening...


...Family Vacation in Port Aransas...


...teaching Divine Design...


...traveling with my husband...


...and then this precious event happened!  Kyle Ryan.


Since his birthday in July, I have been extra busy spending time with my daughter and both grandchildren.

Now, today is September 1st and tomorrow is Labor Day.  The summer is over!  Fall is here or at least coming (maybe not the temperature of Fall, but Fall is on my calendar).  My favorite time of year.

Divine Design starts back up in one week so I will get busier.  But I don't mind.  I remind myself that I need to make the most of the days, weeks, months, or years I have left.  I need to spend as much time with my family as I can.  I need to squeeze, hug, kiss, and play with my grandchildren while I can because I know that in a few short years they will go off to school and want to be with their friends and I will get kicked to the curb.

I am in the Fall of my life.  Maybe even the winter.  I don't know how long the Lord will allow me to stay here on my earthly home.  I do know that although I am not young anymore, and the Summer of my life is over, I like Fall.  I am going to make the most of this season of my life, doing the things that have eternal value.  Then I will go Home.

"Nobody tells you when you get born here how much you'll come to love it and how you'll never belong here.  So, I'll call you my country, but I'll be lonely for my Home, and I wish that I could take you there with me."  Rich Mullins

So, now I've caught up on the blog.  Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment