Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday will be here soon, and although I don't mind telling my age, I don't like the idea of putting all that personal information out there into cyberspace.  I don't mind birthdays - it beats the alternative.  I look forward to going to Heaven one day, but as the Kenny Chesney song says, nobody wanna go now.


When I was a young woman I always thought of my parents as old.  I realize now that they really weren't that old - I guess that's what my kids think about me and my husband.

I lost my mother when I was 23 and I thought my Daddy was kind of old to remarry - but I realize now that he was the age I am now!  Wow - perspective!  The other day I said, "Daddy, can you believe you are 91?"  And he said, "I can't believe I have a 56 year-old child!"  That shut me up!

I want to age gracefully - no facelifts, no lyposuction (although I could certainly use it), no botox.  I draw the line at haircolor though.  My husband doesn't want to have a wife who looks older than he does.

I guess the truth about age is that just when you start to understand how to live your life the correct way and how to handle circumstances and problems and people that you love and those you don't like so much, you don't have the energy to do it!  And even though you have so much life experience, successes and failures, and so much advice to give to someone else, no one wants to listen to some old woman talk.  I'm not that old - I can blog and send a text message!

I still wonder - when will I be old enough not to care if I need to lose weight?  My mom is 90 and she still cares.

I am grateful to have my health, a great husband, four fabulous children, lots of good friends, and most of all that I know Jesus Christ and enjoy His blessings in my life.  I am happy to have a purpose and work to do and enough money to buy what I need and to give to the Lord's work.

And, hopefully, one day I will have grandchildren!  Maybe they will listen to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment