Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Love The Quilt Festival!

I went to the Quilt Festival today with a good friend and, as usual, felt inspired and overwhelmed at the same time.  Every year I get so excited seeing all the beautiful quilts and I want to run home and make a masterpiece.  However, the longer I walk down the rows of these incredible works of art - textile art - I realize that I am only a casual quilter.  I don't sew every day - I don't even sew every month.  Some of the quilters who made these intricately detailed quilts work on them every day, all day, for years.  I can't do that.  My interests are too varied.  My hat (if I wore one) would be off to these patient artists.

Here are a few of my favorites...



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What talent!  I am both inspired and humbled by them!

No comments:

Post a Comment