Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Granddaughter's First Christmas

I believe that life begins at conception, so, for me, this was my granddaughter's first Christmas.  Even though she is "a spaghetti squash" this week, she seemed to enjoy it - she let me feel her kick at church for the Candlelight service, she let her Mommy know at the table when it was time to quit eating, she kicked when she heard me say that she was going to be my new favorite (a family joke).  She even got presents - Mimi and P-Diddy gave her blankets, and clothes and we gave her "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" book.  Her Mommy had to open them for her.

Here is a picture of her on her first Christmas Day...




We wish that her Uncle Ryan and Aunt Chelsa could have been here with us, but we have to be fair and share with Chelsa's family.  We also wish that Meemaw and Pawpaw and Bubba's family could have been here.  Christmas was bittersweet for our family this year.

We don't know what next year will hold for our family, but we know Who holds the future and we trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment