Friday, February 12, 2010

I Love Butternut Squash

My daughter told me last night that Leah is a butternut squash this week.  I like that much better than an eggplant.
 It is hard for me to grasp that she will make her appearance to the world in less than three months.  I can't wait to hold her in my arms.  I can't wait to see Allison hold her in her arms.
Much that I have done and said will become clear to Allison after Leah is born.  I am looking forward to this as well.  All those times I panicked when I couldn't find her in the store...every time I said to her "be careful" or "call me when you get there"...nights I stayed up waiting for her to come home...all the advice I have given her over the years...all the warnings I have given her about being careful in parking lots, not staying out alone late at night, not parking next to vans, etc.....all this will become very clear to her when she gives birth to Leah.
My children have been my greatest joy in life - both are special in individual ways.  They have also been my greatest worry.  Every day I have to give them to the Lord again to watch over them.  I pray not only that He will watch over them and protect them, but that He will reveal Himself to them in a way that they would love Him and devote their lives to Him.
I will pray this for Leah Rose as well.  I have prayed this for her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment