Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Shower Is Predicted For Today!

Today I am going to a baby shower for my baby who is having my first grandchild!  I have dreamed of this day--becoming a grandparent--for as long as I have had children.

When Allison was getting married a few years ago and she got her first wedding gift, she asked me if we could clear off the dining room table and set up a gift table.  I said to her, "Are you kidding?  I have been looking forward to doing this your whole life!"

It's the same with baby showers - I have always prayed that she would have a baby and would experience the joy that children bring.  I pray that for both my children.  My children have been my greatest joy in life.  I would like both my children to experience this for themselves.

I have several gifts that I made for her that have sentimental significance.  I will give them to her today and I hope she will like them.  (Since she has seen them now, here they are...)
 
  

 


I look forward to seeing her open the gifts, get them put away for the precious life that will soon be coming.  I said to her the other night, "Don't you just love her so much already?"  and of course she said yes.  But she has no idea--when they put that baby in her arms, her life will never be the same.  She will fall madly and completely in love with her.  She will reorganize her life to meet her needs.  She will sacrifice her time, energy, sleep, wants, and even needs to take care of her.  She will pray much more than she does now.  And she will never regret one single moment.
Here are some pics from the shower...
 
  
 

Thank You, God, for allowing me and my family to experience this.

No comments:

Post a Comment