Monday, February 8, 2010

My Baby

Today is my baby's birthday!  Although it has been 28 years now, I still remember how I felt when I was in the recovery room and the nurse said something about "your daughter."  What a sweet sound those words were to me.  I had a beautiful little son and now I had a daughter - life was good.


When Ryan (who was 6) saw her, he exclaimed loudly to the whole room full of family and strangers, "She is just what I wanted!"

We brought her home the day before Valentine's Day and my husband bought Godiva chocolates for the nurses, his Mother, and me.

I sent him to the drugstore for the second or third time for some little item and he told his mother, "This baby is going to nickle and dime me to death."  And she almost did - but it has been a great pleasure for us both.

Two of the most precious moments of my life was when she chose her wedding dress and seeing her walk down the aisle.
I will hold those moments in my heart forever.
Our children have been the greatest joys of our lives and each one is unique and special in their own way.  Although they love to argue over "who is the favorite", the truth is Ryan is our favorite son and Allison is our favorite daughter.

Now my baby is expecting a baby - a daughter.  I am thankful to God for His many blessings to our family and to Allison.

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment