Friday, November 27, 2009

At Least We Were All Together

This year Thanksgiving did not go as I had planned or hoped it would.  I usually host Thanksgiving at my house and I enjoy it very much--all the planning and shopping and cooking and setting the table...  But this year my parents were not able to travel so we went to them.  We were supposed to have lunch together, but my Daddy fell and wasn't able to come to lunch.  We had a really nice lunch with my brother and his family, but it just wasn't the same.  My Daddy always says the blessing and I missed that.

After lunch we went to my Mom and Dad's new apartment at the Assisted Living place.  He was not doing well, but he still appreciated us being there.  He put his hand on Allison and pronounced his great-grandbaby a girl.  Boy or girl, may the mantle of this great man fall on this new life.




We came home and watched the Aggie game - they played very well, but lost.  My son-in-law handled it really well.




All in all, a good day.  I am thankful that my precious children (and I include my children's spouses in this group) were all with me and Roger.  I am thankful that we are all healthy and that we have a new life on the way.  I am thankful that we are all happily married and enjoy being together.  I am thankful that we all have homes and jobs.  I am thankful for all the blessings the Lord has given to my family and I am thankful that we were all able to be together again this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment