Sunday, November 8, 2009

Good News/Bad News

The Good News first - To my great surprise, I had a lot of fun at the 60-something Frat Party!  I think it is because I had come to know them all by working with their pictures when I was making the slideshow for the party.  I especially enjoyed the football game when they got to go out on the field and be recognized.  I am sure they had a lot of fun seeing old friends and talking about old times.

I finally got to meet Fatsie - the guy who black-balled Don Henley and he was presented with a guitar signed by Don Henley at the gathering Saturday night.  Don sent a message to Fatsie that there were no hard feelings and he thanked the Delta Sigs for saving him from a career as a plumber in Lufkin.  That was fun!




The Bad News - my brother and I have to move our parents to Assisted Living this coming week.  We really like the place and their apartment is nice and roomy, but it's not home for them.  I know they will be sad, but this is the right thing to do and I hope they will learn to be happy there and make some new friends.  Things change - life goes on.  Pray for my family and especially for my parents as they adjust to their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment