Friday, November 13, 2009

Home Is Where The Heart Is

My Daddy always told me that it is the people who can't accept change that go crazy.  I really hate change most of the time, although some of the time, change can be good.

This week was hard for my parents--a lot of changes going on.  Routines that have been established for 30 years had to change.  They had to move from their home of 30 years.  They have to get used to a new place and new people and new routines.  It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

This is the childhood home of my brother and me.




My parents bought this home after my Daddy got out of the service after WWII.  They paid $5,000 for it and Daddy told me that sometimes they had to eat beans for dinner a few nights just to save up for the $50.00 per month payment.

Years later, Daddy gave me the house and I lived in it for several years, but neighborhoods change, too, and I had to sell it and move.  It was sad for me, but I moved on.

Later, my husband and I bought a house and lived in it for 20 years and raised our children.  We eventually sold this house and it was sad for me, but I moved on.




My parents know that the move was necessary and they are willing to do what needs to be done.  I know it is sad for them, but they will move on.

Pray for our family and especially for my parents.  May their llives be filled with love until the Lord calls them to their final home.  They can live there forever and won't be sad and won't have to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment